The Cleveland Baptist Church Bus Ministry reaches out into the neighborhoods of the Cleveland area to win boys and girls to Christ.
We would like to give you and your family a personal invitation to attend Cleveland Baptist Church. Since 1965, our church has provided free bus transportation for people all over Northeast Ohio.
On Saturday we make contact with each of our regular Sunday morning riders and also visit new people who are interested in coming to church. On Sunday morning the bus pulls up in front of your home and a friendly worker escorts you safely to the bus.
While riding the bus, a program is presented. You and your children will learn Christian songs, memory verses and Bible stories while playing fun games. When you arrive at the church, you will be escorted to their Sunday School class followed by the main church service. The children also have a church service which is geared more on their level. After church, everyone gets back on board the bus. On the way home more fun and learning activities are continued until we pull up in front of your home. You will then be escorted to your door.
We hope that you will consider visiting our church this weekend. If you are interested, please call us at (216) 671-2822 and leave the following information:
Your Phone Number
We would be happy to have you as our personal guest!
Led by Brother Terry Brooks, at Reformers Unanimous we like to talk, talk, talk.
First, we Talk to God in prayer, testimonies, and songs. Then we Talk to each other during counsel time. Then God Talks to us—through the preaching of His Word.
Reformers Unanimous is a Christ-centered, Bible-based addictions program designed to help people with any type of addiction and also the families of those enslaved by an addiction.
The world’s philosophy is that a higher self esteem will give you the power to resist the temptations of your addiction. Reformers Unanimous’ philosophy is that we can do nothing without Christ’s help. Phil. 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
We meet each Friday evening from 7:00 – 9:00 PM to learn from the Bible and discuss our addictions. After opening with prayer and praises from those God has miraculously changed, we have group counseling sessions and a message from God’s word on addictions and recovery.
– Van Transportation and Nursery Provided.
Contact us by email or call us at (216) 671-2822.
The 10 Principles of Prosperity
- 1. If God’s against it, so are we… Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envying, murders, drunkenness, reviling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- 2. Every sin has its origin in the heart… Jeulr. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Prov. 4:12 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Rom. 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
- 3. It is easier to keep the heart clean that it is to clean it after it has been defiled… Prov. 22:3 A prudent man forseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. Prov. 6:27-28 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
- 4. It is not possible to fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it… Eccl. 5:10 He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- 5. Small compromises lead to great disasters (or little sins lead to big sins)… Luke 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. Matt. 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Rom. 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
- 6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord… John 15:18-20 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because yea are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you… Prov. 24:15-16 Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place: For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
- 7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who are following us… Rom. 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. I Cor. 10:23-24 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth.
- 8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons… 2 Cor. 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; I Jn. 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- 9. We lose our freedom of choice after we have chosen our actions. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable and up to God… Prov. 5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. Prov. 20:17 Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel. Prov. 9:17-18 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
- 10. God balances guilt with blame. When we accept the blame for our actions, God, by our repentance and confession, will eliminate the guilt. I Jn. 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Reformers Unanimous has helped me see that God does answer prayer so that I can direct others to this meeting. It uplifts me after a hard day’s work. – Julie J
Reformers Unanimous has help me to be more faithful in my praying and Bible reading. I just feel closer to the Lord. I love the fellowship with everyone and the things we share with each other. – Carol R
I love to hear the testimonies of how the Lord is renewing others through Reformers Unanimous. This encourages me and enables me to rejoice in God’s goodness. – Mary Jo R
Reformers Unanimous has helped me by allowing me to see how He works in other people’s lives and problems. It also helps me to strive to get better. – Gloria D
Through prayer God has shown mercy and given me peace of heart and mind. He has removed the compulsions that were dictating my life. He has helped me to understand his word, given me motivation to study His word. He has removed me from getting in His way and helped me to accept life the way it is. I can now feel comfortable cradled in the palm of His hand, knowing his will is working because I honestly surrendered my will and life to him. Thank God for what He has done in my life. – Buddy F
I’ve learned to apply the idea and principles taught in our Reformers Unanimous meeting to get through a week with the knowledge that God is ALWAYS with us and willing to jump in and give us strength to get through. – Paul A
Through the Reformers Unanimous Program God has used me to help men and women to find the source of strength which only comes from Him, to overcome addiction. To put effort and time into someone’s life and see them walk with the Lord victoriously is the greatest blessing. – Gene P
Before Reformers Unanimous started, I was kind of in a “hold” position with my past. I knew I wasn’t going back to my worldly ways, but I wasn’t doing anything to go forward either. R.U. has helped me to completely put my past behind me and has also given me a chance to help others and to grow as a Christian. – Mike L
The fellowship at Reformers Unanimous has been a benefit for me and also our Lord’s grace to carry me through. The group has been an encouragement and very supportive and loving. – Karl F
Through Reformers Unanimous God has helped me out some days like when I’m going over my friends house, he wants me to get into some stuff, but I just turn the other way. Thank you. – K.C
My fiancé introduced me to Reformers Unanimous after many years of drug abuse. I tried everything from A to Z to try and get my life together, unsuccessfully, until coming to God and finding that many Christians also had suffered as I and have come together in Reformers Unanimous to talk, pray and listen to God through teaching and preaching. I have tried N.A. and A.A. but was very uncomfortable because they teach you that God can be anything, – a car, a tree, or even the meeting itself. I feel more comfortable here where God is real, alive and loves me. R.U. has introduced me to some positive people that love the Lord. – Wayne J
Reformers Unanimous helps me get things off my chest and not be discouraged. It helps me stay out of the world. I can relate to people with problems like mine. Thank you God. – Armando L
Reformers Unanimous has taught me to be more tolerant of people with addictions. – Roger F
I appreciate the kindness of others. It shows God’s love for me. I enjoy Reformers Unanimous because it honors Christ and uplifts me. The program gives me an opportunity to study God’s word. Thank you! – Alan B
Reformers Unanimous has given me the opportunity to begin to work on my skills in front of people, since attending Heritage Baptist Institute. I am always nervous about it, but the Lord has helped me each week to lead singing. I have been encouraged by everyone’s faithfulness and praises. IT IS GREAT!!! – Andy P
Reformers Unanimous has given me a new outlook on the Bible. – Jim S
Reformers Unanimous has caused me to thank God for how He has guided my life and helped me not to get into alcohol and drugs. – Nancy F
Reformers Unanimous has shown me what fragile and needy people we really are and how we need God’s strength and guidance each and every day of our lives. It has drawn me closer to the Lord and given me an opportunity to help others. – Diane P
I was saved while I was incarcerated in January 2001. Many years of drug addiction and living in the world brought me so low that I didn’t think my life was worth living. God saved me by placing me in the relative safety of jail until the drugs were out of my system and I could think clearly. I turned to the Lord and accepted Christ as my savior during a service in the jail. I was released 6 months later on a Thursday and was in church that Sunday. During that service I was given a Reformers Unanimous brochure. I know God directed me to Reformers Unanimous so that I could get the help I need and in turn help others by serving Him. My fiancé and I are both part of Reformers Unanimous and we’ll be getting married at the end of next week’s Reformers Unanimous meeting. – Katrina S
I believe God has provided a place to serve and to be ministered to with the Reformers Unanimous ministry. The people I’ve met are all very real folks just like me who are putting their trust in God to lead them through the many problems that the devil uses against us. I have been blessed by God’s word which is truly a healing balm. I have been blessed by Pastor and his love and compassion for folks like me. I have been blessed by Gene & Diane Piazza who are also being used of God in a mighty way. I was afraid of what the R.U. program might do in terms of not wanting to remember some very deep hurts, but God has shown me that this program is an answer to many prayers for me and my family. He has even healed many of the hurts through this program. I have found love and understanding here, and I know it is His plan for me. I pray R.U. will grow and that we get the workers we need, and that the Lord will allow me to be a help to this ministry. – Pat T
Since starting in the Reformers Unanimous program, so many of my prayers and prayers for others have been answered. I feel and see myself change daily. My life is so much fuller. I have met so many new friends here. God is truly blessing me. – Maryanne L
The deaf meet every Sunday and Wednesday during regular service times.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, know sign language, or even if you would be interested in learning sign language, come to CBC and visit the Deaf Class. See for yourself just how exciting this ministry can be!
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lawrence Evans and my wife is Sally. We are both Gypsy Americans, born in the Gypsy race; married in the Gypsy culture and most importantly speak the Gypsy language fluently. The language of the people, which they speak and understand. It amazes me that our language has been preserved for hundreds of years and several generations in the U.S. and Eastern Europe. The preservation of our language shows me the love that God has for my people, a hidden and forgotten people, and a pocket of people called gypsies.
Prior to our salvation in 1980 my wife was a fortuneteller, read tarot cards and gave crystal ball readings, and I operated a deceitful roofing business in Cleveland, Ohio. My wife was saved after listening to a gospel message on the radio. Strangely enough I was saved in a Pentecostal church We began attending the services of this church, not knowing the slightest thing about what they believed doctrinally. We just wanted to be under the preaching of God’s Word. The Holy Spirit was not giving us any peace to continue with this church. Something just didn’t seam right to us though we did not know any better. We wandered from church to church for a while, looking for the truth. We decided one day to fall on our faces before God, asking Him to help us find the truth. God answered our prayers and sent us someone, an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Missionary by the name of Walter Stevens, who by the way is a Gypsy himself.
Brother Stevens challenged us to study God’s word, and we did! Through the Gypsy ministry of the Cleveland Baptist Church we found our identity and were baptized as Baptist. Here in this ministry I answered God’s call to preach His word in 1996. I am a graduate of the Heritage Baptist Institute, the first among our people in the United States. I am currently involved with two church ministries, one here at Cleveland Baptist Church and the other at Cook Road Baptists Church in Mansfield, Ohio, which is approximately 80 miles south of Cleveland.
Brother Stevens and his son Michael and myself are the only three full- blooded Gypsy independent Baptist missionaries anywhere in the world, working to reach one million Gypsies in the U.S. and the estimated 40 million around the world. Our goal is to reach these forgotten people with the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are honored to serve the Lord in this vineyard. Here are some goals we would like to accomplish:
– Present the gospel to every gypsy that we meet.
– Disciple those who receive Christ
– Establish Gypsy ministries in existing Independent Baptist churches in major cities in the U.S.
– Plant Independent Baptist churches to gypsies in Eastern Europe
– Train men into the gospel ministry
We are on part-time deputation to raise our support for what God has called us to do. We are currently involved in a work, which limits us to commit to full deputation. If at any time we can fit into your church schedule, please let us know.
Missionaries Lawrence and Sally Evans
Ministerio en Español:
Pastor José y Hna. Sandra Duarte, saludan en nombre de nuestro Dios y Señor Jesucristo, a toda la comunidad hispana de Cleveland, Ohio , y sus ciudades al Rededor.
Como Pastor, del ministerio en español, quiero dar gracias, Primero, a Dios y al Pastor Kevin Folger, su esposa, familia, su grupo de lideres, y a toda la congregación de la Iglesia Bautista Cleveland, “o” Cleveland Baptist Church, por el amor para la comunidad hispana de Cleveland, y de todas las ciudades en Ohio; Cumpliendo de esta forma lo dicho por nuestro Señor Jesucristo; Id por todo el mundo y predicad el evangelio a toda criatura (San Marcos 16:15).
Como Cristiano, y pastor quiero ser ovediente, al mandato de nuestro Señor Jesucristo, de llevar su evangelio, el mismo evangelio que un día recibí, para salvación de mi alma, sabiendo que Cristo, Pago, completamente por mí, y que un día, no lejano, estaré con él, en el cielo.
Fui salvo en la Iglesia Bíblica Bautista fundamental de Salt Lake City, Utah, mis estudios los realise “Salt Lake Baptist College” en el año 2005 me entregue al Señor, para servirle como pastor, me gradué en abril, del 2007, desempeñe el cargo de, Diacono, fui asistente de pastor, con el pastor, Oscar Garcia. En Nobiembre del 2007 quede como pastor de la iglesia que me vio nacer, y profesor del instituto hispano.
Dios Puso en mi corazón Cleveland, y después de orar con mi pastor senior, Marshall Warneke, y el Pastor Kevin Folger, Dios contesto nuestras oraciones Para comenzar el ministerio en español, el cual se Inagurara, el dia Domingo 5 de febrero, del 2012; y como pastor, del ministerio hispano le invito a que nos visite, y sea parte de las bendisiones que Dios tiene, para usted; además de la, sana Palabra,no falte.
Que el Señor le bendiga, son mis deseos, en el amor de Dios y nuestro Señor Jesucristo.
Pastor: Kevin Folger
Pastor Hispano: José Duarte
Iglesia Bautista Cleveland
4431 Tiedeman Road
Brooklyn, Ohio 44144
Horarios de servicio:
Domingo: 10 AM Escuela Dominical
Domingo: 11 AM Predicacion
Domingo: 6 PM Predicacion de la noche
Miercoles: 7 PM servicio de oración
Pastor José Duarte y familia.
A toda la comunidad hispana reciba un saludo, de parte de mi familia, en nombre de nuestro Dios y Señor Jesucristo.
Mi esposa; Sandra, y mis higos; Jennifer, Gerardo, Andrea, y Jason, estamos muy feliceses de podor servirle al señor, en la comunidad hispana, de Cleveland Ohio, por lo tanto le invitamos, a que nos visite, y que forme parte de la Iglesia Bautista Cleveland, ministerio hispano de la Cleveland Baptist Church.
Que el Señor les bendiga.
At Cleveland Baptist Church, we have the unique opportunity to influence many people with the help of our Audio/Video ministry. We broadcast all three weekly services live over the internet through sermonaudio.com. Our current weekly services are available for download from our website in both video and audio formats. We also keep an archive of Sunday morning & Sunday evening messages preached by Pastor Folger available for download by visiting our audio sermons archive page.
Special music from our platform and special revival services are also available for your listening pleasure on our music player.
Our Audio/Video crew also produces a daily radio broadcast “The Challenge For Today” available by tuning in to WHKW 1220 in the Cleveland metropolitan area every Thursday and Friday at 3pm or by visiting our Challenge For Today page.
This ministry is a growing ministry at the Cleveland Baptist Church and has been a great blessing since its inception